Five Things You Should Know About M-A-C, A New Addition to the AH Riise Family
1) Back in the 1980s, Frank Toskan was a professional makeup artist who was frustrated with makeup scene. The colors were limited and for white skin tones only. He got together with his brother-in-law, (also named Frank, who also happened to be a chemist) and created M-A-C. Their makeup line offered thousands of colors for every skin color you could imagine.
2) Whereas most makeup brands were branches of skincare companies, M·A·C was all about makeup and color. They were the first to use actual professional makeup artists to man their counters
3) They started their AIDS charity, "VIVA Glam," in 1994 and it has raised over $400 million for the charity to date.
4) One of the most popular offerings was an intense matte red lipstick, which got a boost with an appearance in a photo-shoot of the fast-rising Madonna, later seen wearing a M·A·C T-shirt.
5) RuPaul launched the VIVA Glam campaign in 1994 as their first “Ambassador.” Following in Ru’s footsteps:
Mar J Blige
Troye Sivan (2019)
Come get your island color on … duty free at AH Riise.